Plumbing is one among the skilled trades that are found in almost every nook and corner of the world. Plumbing is not just a domestic service it is much more than that. Plumbers may not be knowledgeable, as in the knowledge that you acquire from the normal school education, but they are that technically sound.
The society shows no respect to these skilled trades. But what happens if the water lines do not work suddenly and you are not able to reach a plumber? You completely lose track of what you have to do with no one to help. To get over this situation, learn some easy steps that you have to quickly follow once you realize that the water lines at homes are failing to function.
Before we get to know the plumbing tips, there are certain things that you should have to make sure that you are capable of handling the situation without the help of a plumber. Prepare a plumber’s kit for domestic purpose. Then make sure that you that you have the things that are required in case if you have to handle things all alone.
Steps to make a plumbers kit at home:
- Get a bag to fill in all the stuff that is required for plumbing. If you do not have a pre-organised bag and you are running out of time, get a big bucket that can hold all the tools that are required. The following are the things should form a part of your kit.
- Keep a forced cup and a regular plunger handle. This will help you do the unclogging process better.
- Wrenches are one of the most important things in plumbing. Get a pair of medium pliers.
- Get a multi-bit screwdriver and add to the set of tools.
- Buy some thick paper towels or some rags to keep the place clean.
- A duct tape and a leak sealing tape.
- Allen keys are another important addition to the kit. It helps you to carry out a lot of tasks single-handedly.
- Make sure to get some blind caps so that you can get a better vision while repairing.
Quick tips to follow in case of emergency:
- The first thing that you have to do when there is a problem with regard to water lines and other plumbing related issues is to make sure that you close all the water lines. In case if there is any open tape, the water might flow all through the house and make a mess.
- If you find any leaking taps in the earlier stage, it is better that you close them at the earliest so that they don’t become big and difficult to handle.
- It is important that the water heater is turned off so that the plumbing activity is carried out safely. This will prevent the water heater from affecting the whole unit.
- A house might consist of a lot of taps. Send someone to check and ensure that the water lines, taps and all valves and all other water lines are closed.
- Try to make a call to the emergency service. Most people forget to make calls to the emergency service in case any trouble. So make a call at the earliest to avoid complications. The next important factor you are seeking help is to listen to what the person on the other end tells you. Do not be in a hurry to hang up the call.